This article describes the steps of linking projects from Jira (Cloud or Server) to PPM Express program.
Please note: Linking on the Program level can be used for quick navigation to the external system project. No data will be synchronized to the PPM Express program when the project and the program are linked.
In this scenario, we consider that you are importing or linking projects from Jira to PPM Express for the first time.
To link the PPM Express program to the Jira project perform the following:
1. Open the PPM Express program that you would like to link to the Jira project and press the Connect button.
2. On the 'Link to Project' tab select Jira option.
3. Open the Connection drop-down and select the 'Add new connection' option.
4. As you select the 'Add new connection' option, the 'Create connection' window will be opened.
PPM Express allows establishing connections to both Jira Server and Jira Cloud:
- To add a connection to Jira Server please refer to this article.
- To add a connection to Jira Cloud please refer to this article.
5. When the connection is added, select the project for linking.
Please note: It is also possible to link the PPM Express project not to the whole Jira project but to the Jira issue or multiple issues using the Parent Issue option.
In this case, you can quickly open the linked Jira issue only from the PPM Express program. The whole project will be opened if the program is linked to several issues.
6. Click the 'Link Project' button.
Project linking will start immediately.
You can now navigate to the Jira project or issue from the PPM Express program directly.