This article describes the steps of linking projects from Project Online to the PPM Express programs.
In this scenario, we consider that you are linking projects from Project Online to PPM Express program for the first time.
Please note: Linking on the Program level can be used for quick navigation to the external system project. No data will be synchronized to the PPM Express program when the project and the program are linked.
To link Project Online project to PPM Express program perform the following:
1. Open the PPM Express program that you would like to link to the Project Online project and press the Connect button.
2. On the Link to Project tab select the Project Online option, Connection drop-down, and select the Add new connection option.
- To add Project Online connection using a Basic authentication type refer to this article.
- To add Project Online connection using the OAuth authentication type refer to this article.
3. As the connection is added, you can link the PPM Express program to the Project Online project.
Open the Project drop-down and select the required project from the list.
Click on the Link Project button to link the selected project to the PPM Express program.
Project linking will start immediately.
You can now navigate to the Project Online project from the PPM Express program directly.