In this article, we will review how to import Smartsheet tasks as Key Dates to the PPM Express project.
If you added a Smartsheet connection to PPM Express and linked the PPM Express project to the Smartsheet sheet, it is possible to import tasks from the Smartsheet to the PPM Express project as Key Dates.
Please note: Only users who have permission to edit PPM Express projects can import Key Dates.
Please note: The tasks imported as key dates should have a Due Date set in Smartsheet.
To import tasks from the Smartsheet sheet as Key Dates to the PPM Express project, perform the following:
1. Open the PPM Express project that is linked to the Smartsheet sheet and where you would like to import Key Dates.
2. Navigate to the Key Dates section of the project and select the Import Key Date option.
If you have any Key Dates added to the project already, then select the Import Key Dates option from the section header.
3. In the Import Key Date window, it is possible to search for the required Smartsheet task by Name, Type, or ID. Or you can just click in the search window, and 10 Samrtsheet tasks will become available for selection. As you select to import them as Key dates, the next tasks will become available in the list.
4. To select the task you would like to import, just click on it, and it will be added to the list of the selected items. When you are ready with the selection, click Confirm to import the selected tasks to PPM Express as Key Dates.
You can delete the unnecessary items from this list or open them in Smartsheet.
5. As you click Confirm, the selected items will be added to the Key Dates section.
Please note: The statuses, due dates, and the names for the imported Key Dates are imported from Smartsheet and cannot be changed within PPM Express. If there are any changes to the tasks in Smartsheet, they will be applied to PPM Express Key Dates after data synchronization automatically. Only internal PPM Express fields and the Key Date type can be edited in the imported Key Dates.
The tasks imported as key dates can be opened in Smartsheet from PPM Express Key dates section directly by clicking on the Smartsheet icon next to each Key date.
The Baseline can be set for all PPM Express Key Dates. To set the baseline, select the Key Dates and click the Set Baseline button (the Baseline is created for the Date field).
The Baseline tab becomes available if you open the Key Date for editing.
To remove the Baseline mark from the timeline view, click on the 'Style' option and disable the Show Baseline option.
To delete the key dates imported from Smarthseet, select the ones you need to delete and click Delete Key Date.