In this article we will review the following:
- Billing settings page
- PPM Express available plans
Billing settings page overview
Billing Settings page allows selecting the PPM Express plan, pay for it, and review subscription information. All changes to the current plan are also performed via the Billing settings page.
PPM Express tenant is registered once the first user from Office 365/GSuite tenant or private google account signs up. Such user is granted with Administrate app permissions by default and receives access to all components and features provided in PPM Express.
When the first user signs up to PPM Express and creates the tenant for the organization, a trial Monthly Professional license will be applied automatically that is valid for 30 days and includes 2 users with Regular license type and 10 users with Viewers license type. Embedded Power BI reports will be available for two days since registration in this case.
After 30 days PPM Express Administrator will have access only to the Billing settings page if the plan was not selected and paid.
As the license is issued, users can be added to PPM Express. Users that are added to PPM Express may have two types of license:
- Regular type - users with the Regular license type may have a full set of PPM Express permissions. By default users with the Regular license type have manage resources permissions and permissions to view all projects and portfolios and edit projects and portfolios they own. PPM Express administrator defines permission level for each user with the Regular license type on the People Management page.
- Viewers type - users with Viewers license type have only read permissions and can only view all PPM Express Portfolios and Projects by default. On the People Management page, PPM Express administrator may define what Portfolios and Projects exactly these users have permissions to review if needed.
To be able to add more users to PPM Express, it is required to obtain a license for a number of users you would like to add to PPM Express. For this purpose, open the settings from the gear button and select the Billing Settings option. This action is available only for PPM Express users who are granted with Manage Billing permissions. By default, only the first user who registered PPM Express tenant and has Administrate app permissions will have Manage Billing permissions. This user may grant Manage Billing permissions to other users with Regular type of license, as required.
Billing settings page includes Subscription information and Available plans.
Subscription information section includes:
- Current Plan section: Core Monthly, Core Annual, Professional Monthly, Professional Annual, or Enterprise;
- Renewal Date section: shows the date when the next payment will occur;
- Regular Seats section: shows the number of users with Regular type of license. The first number will show the number of Regular licenses that are already assigned to PPM Express users, the second number is the total number of available Regular user licenses;
- Viewers Seats section: shows the number of users with the Viewers type of license. The first number will show the number of Viewer licenses that are already assigned to PPM Express users, the second number is the total number of available Viewer user licenses;
- Embedded Power BI section: indicates if Embedded Power BI reports are included to the current subscription plan or not;
- Payment section: shows payment details (amount to be paid according to the selected plan).
Two options are available under the Subscription information section: Manage and Cancel Account.
Manage button opens Manage subscriptions window where billing information can be updated if needed. It includes:
- Account Information;
- Billing and Shipping address;
- Payment Methods;
- Billing History.
Manage button is available if you are on a Monthly Core/Pro or Annual Core/Pro plan. If you select the Enterprise plan, manage option will not be available as all payment details information and changes will be managed via the Sales Team.
Cancel Account button is available for users with Administrate app permission only and it allows to delete the whole PPM Express tenant including all information within the tenant, all Portfolios, Projects, Resources/Users as well as billing information.
Please note: If you cancel the account and delete PPM Express tenant, it will not be possible to restore PPM Express tenant and all information included to it.
PPM Express available plans
PPM Express provides five plans for selection: Monthly Core plan, Annual Core plan, Monthly Pro plan, Annual Pro plan, Enterprise plan.
PPM Express Monthly Core/Pro plan
Select these plans if you would like to pay for your license plan every month. The payment will be performed automatically every month from a credit/debit card you provide in the Billing&Shipping information and Payment details of the Billing Operations window.
If you would like to add more user seats to your license, use PPM Express Power BI Reports (optionally), select monthly core/pro plan and pay for the subscription, please perform the following:
1. Click the Select plan on the PPM Express Monthly Core or Pro option.
2. In the window that appears, provide the following information:
- Regular Seats: set the number of Regular User Seats that you would like to add to your subscription.
- Viewers Seats: set the number of Viewers User Seats that you would like to add to your subscription.
- Include Power BI Embedded: check this check-box if you would like to include Embedded Power BI Reports to your subscription.
The total price section will display the amount that will be charged every month from your credit/debit card as you provide payment details.
As you are ready with the selection, click Proceed.
3. Billing Operations window will be opened. You can review the details of your order and click Proceed to Checkout button to add payment details.
Pay now section indicates the amount that will be charged from your debit/credit card after you follow the steps in the Billing Operations window, and the plan will be applied at once.
Next charge section shows the amount that will be charged next month, on the Renewal Date.
4. Add your billing address.
5. Add your payment details: Valid card number and click Next to proceed.
6. Provide the expiration date of your Credit card and its CVV.
8. Click Close to close the Billing Operations window.
Your license plan will be applied at once and you will see the details in the Subscription Information section.
PPM Express Annual Core/Pro plan
Select one of these plans if you would like to pay for your license plan every year. The payment will be automatically performed every year from a credit/debit card you provide in the Billing&Shipping information and Payment details of the Billing Operations window.
The steps are very similar to the ones described above in the Monthly Core/Pro plans. The difference is only in the period for which the license is issued and when the next payment will be performed.
Please note: If you decide to cancel or change the Annual plan for the Monthly plan before the renewal date, the payment is not refundable.
PPM Express Enterprise plan
Select this plan if you do not want to use a credit/debit card to pay for your license plan and would like to receive a payment order. In this case, you will need to click the Contact us button in the Enterprise plan and send all the details as for the plan you would like to purchase to our sales team.
Please note: If the next payment is not performed after the Renewal date for Monthly Core/Pro or Annual Core/Pro plan, PPM Express Administrator will be able to access the Billing page only. When the payment is applied, full functionality will become available again.
For the Enterprise plan, there will be a grace period.
If the required amount is not paid before the end of the grace period and you are on the Enterprise plan, users will be able to log in to PPM Express, but PPM Express functionality will no longer be available for the users. Only PPM Express users with Administrate app permissions will have access to PPM Express Billing Settings page and can select Annual or Monthly plan or contact our Sales Team to pay for the Enterprise plan.
As the required amount is paid, users will be able to use full PPM Express functionality again.
You can always change the number of users within your subscription plan if required. For more details, please refer to How to change the number of users in the current subscription plan article.
To change your current subscription to a different one, please refer to How to change the PPM Express subscription plan article.