Release Notes - PPM Express
Release Notes 7.8 @ July 22, 2021
- Onboarding videos on how to configure connections are now added to the 'Configure Connection' menu of each external system (Azure DevOps, Jira, MS Planner, Project Online, Office 365 Group).
- Task Management – default descriptions are added to native task fields.
- Task Management – the case when status could be selected but not saved when task statuses calculation settings are disabled is now fixed.
Release Notes 7.7 @ July 14, 2021
- It is now possible to synchronize totals from PPM Express Time as completed work to PPM Express tasks (for users who established connection between PPM Express and PPM Express Time).
- Power BI reports - 'Action Items' report can be sorted by clicking on the columns header. Added support for Web App action items default sorting order.
Release Notes 7.6 @ July 8, 2021
- A new section ‘Workload’ is added to the Resource dashboard. As a Project or Resource Manager, you can review all assignments for the selected resource across PPM Express and plan the Resource workload accordingly.
- Fix for the case when login of invited Office 365 user failed on an attempt to login via another Office 365 organization.
Release Notes 7.5.2 @ July 5, 2021
- A layout is now available for selection when creating a new Portfolio, Project, Business Challenge, Resource.
- Import of key dates and risks from Project to Portfolio level is now supported.
- Task tooltip was fixed for the My Space page.
- Fix for the case when a Group was not displayed on task details for Planner tasks on the My Space page.
- Fix for the case when the Budget section was not loading from Teams app and browser version.
- Azure DevOps connection – iteration link was fixed to display a selected iteration for the correct team.
Release Notes 7.4.1 @ June 18, 2021
- Task Management - issues related to Select and Date fields were fixed.
Release Notes 7.4 @ June 17, 2021
- Multiple portfolios option is now supported. It allows adding one project to several portfolios.
- OAuth authentication type is now supported for Jira Server connection.
- Manage Budget permission was changed and renamed to Manage Financial Details. Now if this permission is disabled for the user, not only the Budget section content is hidden from this user, but also all fields of Cost type (OOB and custom) become disabled across Projects, Resources, and Portfolios (N/A status is shown for these fields). OKR and Challenges & Ideas modules are excluded from this rule.
Release Notes 7.3.1 @ June 10, 2021
- The logic of saving the last selection choice of how the information is displayed is changed. The changes apply to the following pages: Portfolios Views, Projects Views, Resources page, Business Challenges Views, Company Objectives Views.
- The case when Azure DevOps synchronization failed on Status Project mapping was fixed.
- Task Management - The case when there were tasks in Projects but counters and progress displayed N/A or 0 was fixed.
Release Notes 7.2 @ June 3, 2021
- Add Key Result – improved navigation logic when clicking the “Cancel” button using the left side panel.
- Email notification was removed for cases when users submit an Idea to the Business Challenge of their own, assign themselves to a Project, Portfolio, Business Challenge as a Manager, or assign themselves to sub-entities, such as Tasks, Key Dates, Action Items, etc.
- 'Assigned To' field of the Project Key Dates is added to OData.
- Project Status history was added to the ‘Project Status’ Power BI report.
- ‘Objective permissions’ tab was added to the ‘User Permission’ Power BI report.
- ‘Key Date Assignee’ filter was added to ‘Portfolio Key Dates’ and ‘Project Key Dates’ Power BI reports.
- Report settings – Power BI report is now downloaded with version name.
Release Notes 7.1.1 @ May 25, 2021
- The case when an error appeared on the layout deletion was fixed.
Release Notes 7.1 @ May 24, 2021
- Multi tenants option per one customer is now supported (for customers with Enterprise Plan only).
- The form for editing all action items is pinned now. If you click on the page outside the form when editing action items, a message that you have unsaved changes will appear.
- The filtration rule of the default project filter ‘Done’ was fixed.
- Jira connection – issues related to data synchronization with Jira Server were fixed.
Release Notes 7.0 @ May 17, 2021
- Objectives and Key Results (OKR) module was added to PPM Express.
- A popup with status details was added to project and portfolio statuses on the list and timeline views.
- A warning for the not-started projects that were not modified for more than 7 days was deleted.
- The case when a blank page appeared on redirecting to external Power BI reports was fixed.
Release Notes 6.9 @ April 29, 2021
- Project and Portfolio status history was added to PPM Express OData.
- Insights page, key dates/tasks statuses, and project/portfolio statuses recalculation is now performed on user-driven actions as well as daily at midnight according to the Tenant timezone settings.
- The project name was added to the ‘request update’ email.
- Project synchronization for Jira Server connection was fixed.
- All actions related to configuring connections are now managed by users with ‘Manage Integration’ permission.
Release Notes 6.8 @ April 19, 2021
- The Original Estimate column was replaced by the Effort column on the Azure DevOps tasks page.
- A new setting was added to the Azure DevOps connection => Configure Connection settings, it allows selecting issue types for auto calculation (this setting is available if Auto-calculation of Project/Portfolio statuses option is enabled).
Release Notes 6.6 @ April 12, 2021
- Advanced task fields mapping was improved for the Azure DevOps connection.
- PPM Insights page – ‘Not Started’ projects are now excluded from the ‘Outdated Projects’ section.
Release Notes 6.5 @ April 1, 2021
- Jira connection – the support of linking the PPM Express project to an Epic of the Next-Gen Jira project was added.
- Project Online connection – tasks where the outline field contains a null value were excluded from synchronization.
- Task Management – the issue with custom filter renaming if tasks have dependencies was fixed.
- The applying of the layout in a bulk action was fixed.
Release Notes 6.4 @ March 31, 2021
- An empty string was added to the “select” type fields, it allows selecting no value for the field.
- Billing page– added a possibility to make a purchase if the plan is in a trial period.
- My Space page – fix for groups collapsing after page refresh.
- Project Online connection – inactive tasks are now excluded from data synchronization.
- Risks – fix for updating the 'Step' value in the Probability field.
- PowerBI reports – '% Complete' field for linked projects is now calculated as (number of tasks with Status = Completed) / (total number of tasks).
Release Notes 6.3 @ March 21, 2021
- Project/Portfolio View functionality was added. Using Project/Portfolio views it is possible to limit project/portfolio dashboard information for certain users.
- Planner connection – the synchronization of the priority and label from the Planner task is now supported.
- It is now possible to invite new users to the PPM Express application from the Share Project/Portfolio menu of the Project dashboard.
Release Notes 6.2 @ March 16, 2021
- It is now possible to change the order of the items for the ‘select’ type field in the Configure Field menu.
- Both ‘And’ and ‘Or’ conditional operations are now available in the filters.
- Advanced tasks mapping is now available for Jira connection.
- Power Bi reports – a slicer 'Resources On Project' was added to the 'Resource Plan' tab of the 'Resource Management' report. The slicer allows to show/hide resources on a project that have no allocated planned work.
- Task Management – fix for displaying of the predecessor lines.
Release Notes 6.0 @ March 1, 2021
- Resource custom fields can now be included in Power BI reports.
- Jira tasks are now available on the Insights page.
- Fix for the case when Auto Relogin did not occur after the session was expired.
Release Notes 5.1 @ February 24, 2021
- Project Online connection – Project Online field 'Work' is now mapped to PPM Express ‘Effort’ field instead of the ‘Original Estimate’ field in default fields mapping.
- Task Management – fix for the task order after moving tasks using drag-and-drop.
- The error on projects bulk edit when removing a portfolio was fixed.
- The ‘Late’ filter selection was fixed for Risks and Issues.
- The filtering by portfolio was fixed for the Portfolio Project Section.
- Fix for the case when the milestone created from task didn't appear in Key Dates if the project was cloned.
Release Notes 5.0 @ February 22, 2021
- Internal infrastructure was updated.
- Jira connection – The case when synchronization failed if one of the synchronized fields was hidden in Jira project configuration was fixed.
Release Notes 4.0 @ February 15, 2021
- Project Schedule section was redesigned for viewing Jira tasks and a separate tasks page was added to review the tasks synchronized from Jira.
- Task Management – fixed task counters calculation if the project was cloned.
- Task Management – fixed filtration by Tags from view.
- Fix for Odata multichoice fields.
Release Notes 3.7 @ February 10, 2021
- 'Portfolio Risks' report was added to Power BI reports. The report displays risks of the selected portfolio.
- 'Portfolio Risks' report was renamed to 'Projects Risks by Portfolio'. The report displays risks of the projects that are sliced by portfolio.
- The issue with tasks filtration on drilling through the 'Project Iterations' report to 'Tasks Details' in Power BI reports was fixed.
- The sorting order of Fiscal Periods in Power BI reports was fixed.
- Burn-up charts on 'Project Cost Summary', 'Project Dashboard', 'Detailed Project Dashboard' pages in Power BI reports could display time periods with blank metrics values. The issue was fixed and time periods with blank metrics values are not displayed anymore.
Release Notes 3.6 @ February 4, 2021
- Azure DevOps connector - fixed synchronization if the project is linked to AzureDevOps item and iteration that it belongs to.
- Task Management – fixed drag-n-drop option after the sorting was reset.
Release Notes 3.5 @ February 2, 2021
- Resource rates were added to the Resource Plan section. It is now possible to set a Charge Rate per project.
- An ability to add multiple predecessors to one task was added.
- Azure DevOps connector – work items with the “Removed” state are now excluded from import.
Release Notes 3.4 @ January 26, 2021
- Resource Plan section was added to the Idea Dashboard.
- 'Manage Challenges & Ideas' and 'Manage Prioritization' permissions were separated and are available for selection on the People Management page => User settings.
- A new ‘Proposed’ stage is now available for Ideas.
- It is now possible to change the stage for Idea in the Idea Dashboard directly.
- Fix for the case when the currency sign was updated after changing it.
Release Notes 3.3 @ January 18, 2021
- A new Portfolio section 'Risks' was added to the Portfolio Dashboard.
- An ability to set several managers to project, portfolio, business challenge was added.
- Start and finish dates were added to the Ideas for managing the budget. These fields and their values will be also displayed in the Budget section of the Idea page.
- Strategic Priority description is now displayed on the Strategic Priorities page and on the Strategic Alignment section.
- Fix for the case when the State items were duplicated (Azure DevOps connector).
- Fix for resetting the pre-filter when selecting a project.
- Fix for removing the key dates that were synchronized from Project Online.
Release Notes 3.2 @ December 28, 2020
- A possibility to set Display format to 'None' during custom field configuration was added.
- A possibility for Administrators to clear Project and Portfolio Status History was added.
- Free PPM Express licenses acquired prior to July, 2020 will be converted to PPM Express Professional Monthly free license valid until January 28, 2021.
- Fix for external Tasks viewing page - an icon with a link to navigate to a source task was cropped if task name was long.
Release Notes 3.1 @ December 17, 2020
- Links are now supported in the text fields. It is now possible to add links to any text field in PPM Express.
- Resource bulk deletion logic improved.
- Actual cost field is now taken into account during auto-calculation of Cost status.
- It is now possible to move Ideas between Business Challenges.
- Fix for the logout on the 'No Access' page.
- Fix for the resource allocation hours in the Resource Plan for March 31st.
- Fix for the order of tasks in the exported .csv file in Task Management.
- Fix for the error in the List view of the Iteration section.
- Fix for retrieving resources when importing them from Jira.
- Fix for displaying the long portfolio name on the Project Dashboard page.
- Fix for the custom fields deletion.
Release Notes 3.0 @ December 10, 2020
- Project Schedule section was redesigned for viewing Project Online tasks and a separate tasks page was added to review the tasks synchronized from Project Online. To apply these changed it is required to run data synchronization.
- Project Schedule section was redesigned for viewing Azure DevOps tasks and a separate tasks page was added to review the tasks synchronized from Azure DevOps. To apply these changed it is required to run data synchronization.
- Resources auto-merge feature was added to PPM Express. PPM Express resources and resources synchronized from external systems will be merged automatically if resource name and email fully correspond.
Release Notes 2.34 @ November 30, 2020
- Embedded Power BI reports feature was disabled, external Power BI reports can be configured and used instead.
- Fix for Planner Plan duplicate in OData.
- Fix for task predecessor if the task is a milestone and a related milestone is deleted.
Release Notes 2.33 @ November 18, 2020
- An ability to select Data Center (US or EU) was added. It is now possible to register PPM Express tenant selecting Europe data storage.
Release Notes 2.32.2 @ November 9, 2020
- ‘Viewer’ license type was changed to ‘Team member’ and new permission ‘collaborate on’ was added to this license type.
- It is now possible to select the type of your plan (core or professional) during the first registration of PPM Express tenant (in the registration window).
- “User Permission” report was added to PPM Express Power BI reports.
- ‘Invite User’ functionality was redesigned. 'Allow everyone to invite users' option was added. If it is on, every user who has access to PPM Express can invite other users using the 'Invite user' button.
- Column order in the imported csv. file was fixed.
- 'Linked system' icon will now redirect to the project in the linked system.
Release Notes 2.31 @ October 22, 2020
- 'Request a demo' option was added to the sign-up wizard.
- 'Send synchronization alerts' option was added to Data Synchronization settings. Using this option you can select the recipients and decide how often the 'synchronization failed' email is sent.
- If the tenant is expired, daily, and weekly summary teams/email notifications will not be sent.
- Fix for the case when Jira Synchronization failed because of a broken avatar.
Release Notes 2.30 @ October 19, 2020
- Calendar Exceptions and Work Week sections were added to the Resource Details page. These sections are used to add calendar exceptions and specific work week hours per resource.
- Individual resource calendars are supported in Power Bi Resource Management reports.
- 'Synchronization failed' messages are not sent if the tenant is expired.
- Completed and inactive projects are not included in data synchronization from now on.
- Fix for linking PPM Express project to different Teams within one Azure DevOps project.
Release Notes 2.29 @ October 7, 2020
- Project Schedule section was redesigned for viewing Planner tasks and a separate tasks page was added to review the tasks synchronized from Planner. To apply these changed it is required to run data synchronization.
- Fix for the case when errors occurred on the resource merging.
Release Notes 2.28 @ September 28, 2020
- My Space page was added to PPM Express. You can review your assignments on this page.
- An alert message is now sent to Tenant Administrators if project synchronization failed.
- 'Assigned to' field was added to Key Dates.
- Fix for the case when an error occurred on editing Action Item status.
Release Notes 2.27 @ September 17, 2020
- Delete connection functionality is now available in PPM Express.
- Portfolio Strategic Alignment was added to OData.
- Portfolio and project tags filters were added to Power BI Reports.
Release Notes 2.26 @ September 8, 2020
- Inactive Users Replacement feature was introduced.
- Synchronization process was improved for Planner connection. The number of parallel synchronizations was limited to avoid sync failures with 'Too many requests' message.
- Performance of data rendering and calculation in Resource Management Power BI Reports was enhanced.
- Fix for the case when PPM Express Tasks were not copied while project cloning.
Release Notes 2.25 @ September 2, 2020
- 'Add to Project' button was added to the Resource Details page. It allows adding the selected resource to the project, allocate and commit it at once.
- 'Add to Project' and 'Remove from Project' options were added to the Resource Utilization page. These options allow adding, allocating, and committing the resource on the project or remove the resource from the project.
- Proposed and Committed booking types are now available in PPM Express.
- Resource Management Power BI report has been updated. It allows reviewing the information for Resources Capacity, Availability, Utilization, Allocation, Overallocation, etc. for committed and proposed resources.
- Fix for scrolling multiple text fields by users with viewer role assigned.
- Fix for the graph API error ('Failed to process content in attachment').
Release Notes 2.24 @ August 18, 2020
- Teams notifications will now be sent on creating a new Change Request. If the project is linked to the Teams channel, you will now receive a notification to this channel when the Change Request is created for the linked project.
- Planned Work, Actual Work, Remaining Work fields were added to the Schedule project section for Project Online connection (these fields will appear and will be filled in automatically if PPM Express project is linked to Project Online project).
- The in-line saving was implemented on the Data Synchronization page. The changes are saved automatically from now on, without using the 'Save' button.
Release Notes 2.23 @ August 13, 2020
- Fix for linking Business Challenges to the Teams channel.
- Fix for data synchronization from Planner.
Release Notes 2.21 @ August 6, 2020
- Resource Management was added to PPM Express.
- Filters are now available on the majority of projects, portfolios, business challenges, and ideas sections.
- Resource Management Overview and Resource Management Details reports were added to the Power BI reports pack.
Release Notes 2.19 @ July 29, 2020
- Projects and Portfolios sharing is now supported by PPM Express. Users can share a project/portfolio with other users from the project/portfolio details page.
- External system icon was added to the Key Date/Iterations/Risks editing panel. It is clickable, you can open the key date/iteration/risk in the external system at once.
Release Notes 2.18 @ July 24, 2020
- New licensing approach has been implemented.
Release Notes 2.17 @ July 13, 2020
- Fix for the case when 'Invalid Date' message is displayed on the Import Key Dates panel if browser language is not English.
Release Notes 2.16 @ July 8, 2020
- Action Items and Key Decisions sections were added to the Portfolio Details page.
- Fix for cursor jumping when editing filter name.
- Fix for the case when Office 365 users with uppercase letters in the principal name did not receive email notifications.
Release Notes 2.15 @ July 2, 2020
- Jira Server connection is now supported by PPM Express. You can add Jira Server connection to PPM Express and import projects from Jira Server or link your existing PPM Express projects to Jira Server.
- Import Key Dates form Jira is now supported. This functionality allows importing items from Jira to PPM Express as key dates.
- The Key Dates that were imported from any of the external systems can be deleted from the section header directly.
Release Notes 2.14 @ June 24, 2020
Release Notes 2.13 @ June 19, 2020
- A new report parameter - 'ODataFeedsContainAllFields' was added to External Power BI reports. This parameter allows including PPM Express custom fields to the reports by changing the report Data Model.
- A new PPM Express Executives Report Pack is now available which was designed specifically for Executives Team.
- The 'Dataset refresh time' option on the 'About' page displays date and time in the UTC time (GMT timezone).
- 'Strategic Priorities' report was redesigned to provide a clear view of how project priorities correspond to the organizational ones.
- Fix for the 'Decision Matrix' report. 'Score' column got removed from Project Priorities Matrix.
Release Notes 2.12 @ June 11, 2020
- Custom field deletion is now supported. It allows deleting any custom field and its related data.
- Tasks dependency option was added to the Task Management page. It allows setting up dependencies (predecessors) across your tasks.
Release Notes 2.11 @ June 2, 2020
- It is now possible to create public or/and private views and filters on PPM Express pages.
- Warnings are always disabled for projects where project progress is set to 'On-hold'/'Canceled' and for Portfolios with 'Inactive' portfolio stage.
Release Notes 2.10 @ May 29, 2020
- PPM Express warnings can now be disabled for the whole tenant or per project/portfolio.
- It is now possible to create and save multiple configuration layouts of the Project, Portfolio, Business Challenges, Ideas, Resources details pages.
- Macros support was added to the date fields in all filters across PPM Express. You can now apply macros while creating new projects, portfolios, tasks, etc. filters.
Release Notes 2.09 @ May 26, 2020
- Total number of PPM Express tasks/number of completed tasks is now displayed on the PPM Express tasks logo of the Summary project section.
- Editing of PPM Express tasks, key dates, iterations, etc. became easier. The editing window is now opened by clicking on the required task, iteration, key date, etc.
Release Notes 2.08 @ May 22, 2020
- 'In Progress' PPM Express tasks can be sent to PPM Express Time automatically. Now users can report the time spent on their PPM Express tasks in PPM Express Time.
- It is now possible to select Resources instead of Users in the 'Assigned to' field of 'Issues' and 'Risks' project/portfolio sections.
- External system icons are now clickable on the Projects page (card and table views). Clicking on the external system icon the project in the external system will be opened in a new tab.
Release Notes 2.07 @ May 19, 2020
- 'Tags' field was added to the Details section of Projects, Portfolios, Tasks, Resources, Business Challenges, and Ideas. It allows creating tags to categorize things and make the filtering of PPM Express entities easier and faster.
- An ability to create a project filter automatically on portfolio creation was added. If this option is selected and the filter is created, projects can be viewed/filtered by this portfolio on the Projects page.
- PPM Express internal tasks are now supported in Power BI Reports.
- An ability to disable auto-calculation of statuses per portfolio/project was added.
- Fix for project icon that was minimized if the title is too long.
Release Notes 2.06 @ May 12, 2020
- Auto-calculation of Project tasks Statuses was added to PPM Express.
- Auto-calculation of tasks and key dates Statuses can be now disabled using the auto-calculation settings on the Insights page. It is also possible to set the custom calculation rules using these settings.
- If the project is connected to any of the external systems, the tasks and team from the external system will be shown first on the Schedule and Team section of the Project Details page (you can switch to PPM Express tasks/team using the corresponding buttons on these sections).
- Portfolio/project status update page has changed. It became easier and faster to perform the changes on this page.
Release Notes 2.05 @ May 06, 2020
- An ability to create Key Dates from PPM Express tasks was added. Just toggle the 'Is Milestone' switch to 'On' while creating or editing your tasks.
- An ability to import any Azure DevOps work item type (default or custom) as PPM Express project was added.
- It is now possible to copy decision matrix and strategic alignment from idea to project if the project is initiated from this idea.
- “Strategic Priorities” and “Decision Priorities” reports were added to PPM Express Power BI Reports (available from the report Home page on the Innovation Management tab).
- The logic of retrieving Planner plans from Planner to PPM Express improved.
- An ability to change the timeframe on the timeline view was added for PPM Express tasks. It is now possible to review the task on the timeline by days/weeks/months/quarters/years.
- It is now possible to change PPM Express task start/finish dates on timeline view directly (by dragging the timeline to the required date).
Release Notes 2.03 @ April 29, 2020
- An ability to link PPM Express project to any work item type (default or custom) for Azure DevOps connection was added.
Release Notes 2.01 @ April 23, 2020
- 'Cancelled' option was added to the 'Progress' project field of the Details section in PPM Express.
- The fields of Impact type are now displayed as numbers in OData.
- An unnecessary hint about mapping transformation rules on the fields mapping screen was removed from the Azure DevOps connection.
- Additional validation of the values provided in the project fields of a 'Slider' type was added.
Release Notes 2.0 @ April 21, 2020
- Auto-calculation of Key Date status was added to PPM Express. All Key Dates (project and portfolio) are calculated automatically from now on. Please refer to this article for information about the auto-calculation logic.
- Email Notifications were added to PPM Express. This feature allows receiving daily and weekly summary notifications (projects and portfolios) by email.
Release Notes 1.03 @ April 9, 2020
- A default task group 'Backlog' was added. All newly created tasks will be added to this group by default.
- Drag and Drop option is now available for the tasks timeline view.
- Total number of tasks in the tasks group is changed to show the completed number/all tasks number.
- 'Add Group' button name was changed to 'Manage Group'.
- Fix for saving the selected view on the tasks page after the page reload.
Release Notes 1.02 @ April 3, 2020
- Project Strategic Alignment and Project Score were added to PPM Express OData.
- Business Challenges and Ideas Overview reports were added to PPM Express Power BI reports (available from the Home page).
- The groups pane on the project tasks page can now be opened by clicking the group name.
- A possibility to select all tasks within one group on the project tasks page was added.
- Fix for ‘Late’, ‘Today’ and ‘This Week’ counters calculation in the Summary tiles of the project tasks page.
- Fix for importing the task statuses while importing tasks to from csv. file.
- Fix for the background color of the late task indicator on the project tasks page.
Release Notes 1.01 @ March 25, 2020
- Task Management was added to PPM Express. It is now possible to create and manage tasks on the Project tasks page. Learn more in our blog post.
- Business Challenges and Ideas were added to PPM Express OData.
- Statuses mapping improved for Project Online connection. It is now possible to map PPM Express project status values to the project custom fields values in Project Online.
- Fix for duplicating Office 365 groups in case of automatic Planner Plan creation by PPM Express.
Release Notes 0.32 @ March 10, 2020
- A new “Project Dashboard” Power BI report was added to the “Reports” menu that is available for each project.
- A new “Detailed Project Dashboard” Power BI report was added to the “Reports” menu that is available for each project.
- Summary notifications for Microsoft Teams app are now sent on one notification card.
- Power BI reports initialization logic was changed.
- The logic of importing Key Dates from Project Online has changed. It is now possible to import Project Online tasks as Key Dates to PPM Express projects.
- Fix for Office365 connector (Truncate group mailNickName length).
Release Notes 0.30 @ February 17, 2020
- New project section ‘Time’ was added to the Project Details page. It allows reviewing reported time from PPM Express Time.
Release Notes 0.28 @ February 10, 2020
- Microsoft Teams connection was added to the 'Work Together' connection type. This feature allows sending notifications to the linked Microsoft Teams channels.
Release Notes 0.27 @ February 3, 2020
- Import Key Dates from Planner feature was added. This feature allows importing Tasks from Planner as Key dates to PPM Express.
Release Notes 0.26 @ January 28, 2020
- Data synchronization logic for Azure DevOps has changed and is now based on team configuration.
Release Notes 0.25 @ January 13, 2020
- Import key dates from Azure DevOps feature was added. This feature allows importing Work Item types from Azure DevOps as Key dates to PPM Express.
- Fix for project sort order on the Portfolio timeline view.
Release Notes 0.24 @ December 30, 2019
- Export/import project sections items to/from .csv file is now supported.
- The latest selected filter on the Projects or Portfolios page is now saved. As you switch between PPM Express pages, the filter will be saved until it is changed.
- Fix for Power BI reports navigation to the Home page.
- Fix for Power BI reports sorting of the projects in the “Portfolio Projects Overview” report.
Release Notes 0.23 @ December 20, 2019
- “Manage external connections” permission was added to People Management page. It allows granting permissions to users for creating/refreshing connections in PPM Express.
- OAuth authentication type is now available while adding Project Online connection to PPM Express.
Release Notes 0.22 @ December 11, 2019
- A possibility to create a project in Project Online from PPM Express directly while linking PPM Express project to Project Online project was added.
- New states ‘N/A’ and ‘Done’ were added to portfolio, projects and key date statuses.
- Status history is now available for project and portfolio statuses. It allows to track when and who updated the status.
- Power Bi reports support new ‘N/A’ and ‘Done’ status states.
- A possibility to change the currency for PPM Express tenant was added.
- Data from the Resource Plan section is now available in Odata.
- Fix for warnings. The warning icon about data inconsistency for the fields that are not enabled in the project or portfolio sections will not be displayed.
Release Notes 0.21 @ November 28, 2019
- Strategic Priority solution is now available in PPM Express. It allows adding strategic priorities on the organizational level. Also, you can decide how they impact projects, portfolios, and ideas.
- Strategic Alignment section is now available on the Portfolio, Project and Idea Details pages.
- Decision Matrix section is now available on the Project and Idea Details pages.
- The design of the following Power Bi reports has changed: ‘Project Iterations’, ‘Project Key Dates’, ‘Project Issues’, ‘Project Risks’, ‘Portfolio Risks’, ‘Portfolio Issues’, ‘Portfolio Key Dates’, ‘Enterprise Key Dates’.
Release Notes 0.20 @ November 14, 2019
- ChargeBee Billing Operations System was integrated into PPM Express. Billing Settings page was added to perform and manage payment operations.
Release Notes 0.19 @ November 7, 2019
- Demand and Ideation Management solution is now available in PPM Express. It allows team members to submit their ideas, project requests, change requests or suggestions for improvements within business challenges.
- Fix for the warning when the project has tasks and Project Progress is set to 0%.
- Fix for the warning when Project Progress is set to 100%.
- Fix for filtering data by Resource/User fields with multi-selection.
Release Notes 0.18 @ November 5, 2019
- Support line breaks for multiple text fields in grid view;
- Project progress ‘On Hold’ was added;
- New default issue category values were added (Technology, External, Organizational, Project Management);
- The navigation panel on the left was updated for users with restricted permissions.
- Fix for warnings if project stages are not default;
- Fix for warning when Project Stage is not consistent with Project Progress
Release Notes 0.17 @ October 24, 2019
- A quiz was added to the tenant registration screen;
- ‘Canceled’ and ‘Suspended’ project stages were added;
- New Portfolio and Project field ‘Benefit’ was added.
- Improvement for multiline feature in text custom fields;
- Improvement for multichoice feature in ‘resource/user’ custom fields;
- Only selected and required fields will be displayed on the 'Configure fields' menu, all other fields will be hidden under the 'Show more' option.
- Fix for calculation logic of the completed tasks in warnings;
- Fix for OData in case custom field name contains specific characters.
Release Notes 0.16 @ October 10, 2019
- Warnings for portfolios and projects were added to notify users about data inconsistency in portfolios and projects if any.
- The bullet list in the status description of portfolios and projects is now supported.
- Fix for columns order in “Portfolio Projects Details” Power Bi report.
- Fix for the default layout when applied to the section when the master project has been created before the release of this section.
Release Notes 0.15 @ September 26, 2019
- Demo data was added to Portfolios, Projects, and Resources pages and will be available for users right after the first registration of PPM Express tenant. 'Import' wizard after the first registration of PPM Express tenant was removed.
- Import Projects and Import Resources options are now available from the Actions drop-down on Portfolios, Projects and Resources pages.
Release Notes 0.14 @ September 9, 2019
- 'Invite People' feature is now available. It allows to invite new users to PPM Express tenant by sending them invitations via email;
- “Portfolio vs Projects Costs” Power BI report is now accessible from the Portfolio card menu.
- Progress calculation logic for Jira connection is now based on Jira Issue Type Category.
- Fix for data synchronization for Projects with more than 20000 tasks (applies to Azure DevOps connection).
Release 0.13 @ August 27, 2019
- Projects bulk deletion is now available. Using this feature it is possible to delete a number of Projects at one go.
- Timeline in the Summary section on Portfolio Details page and in Iterations section on Project Details page became more informative and convenient to review;
- Power BI reports were added to the following Project sections on Project Details page: “Lessons Learned”, “Action Items”, “Key Decisions”, “Steering Committee”, “Change Requests". These reports are also accessible from Projects card menu now.
Release 0.12 @ August 14, 2019
- NEW – implemented ability of the portfolios bulk deletion
- NEW – implemented ability of the resources bulk deletion
- NEW – implemented ability to copy project
- NEW – added new “Sponsor” project field to Details section
- IMPROVEMENT – implemented the ability to change project and portfolio section order
- IMPROVEMENT – OData management and Report management pages are merged into one
- IMPROVEMENT – default Risk Categories list is extended with new values
- IMPROVEMENT – timeline redesign
Power BI reports:
- IMPROVEMENT – long description is displayed fully
Release 0.11 @ August 5, 2019
- NEW – implemented ability to delete portfolio or project from the details page
- NEW – implemented ability to link several external projects to one PPM Express project
Power BI reports:
- IMPROVEMENT – implemented the ability to open “Idea Stage Projects” report from UI
- NEW – added “Lessons Learned”, “Action Items”, “Key Decisions”, “Steering Committee”, “Change Requests” reports
Hotfix @ August 2, 2019
- FIX – handle Jira API changes
Release 0.10 @ July 22, 2019
- NEW – added 'Lessons learned', 'Action items', 'Key decisions', 'Steering Committee', 'Change Requests' sections to Projects Details Page;
- NEW – implemented ability to save/apply project or portfolio configuration layout;
- NEW – added 'Manage Configuration' permission to 'People Management';
Azure DevOps connector:
- FIX – the logic of the work items retrieving in case linking of the project to epic
Release 0.9 @ July 8, 2019
- IMPROVEMENT – configure columns on the timeline: added possibility to add/remove columns to table part of timeline view
Azure DevOps connector:
- NEW – State Mapping and Calculation settings
- IMPROVEMENT – possibility to define work items based on which project progress will be calculated
- NEW – allow Office365 tenant admin to consent ppm express permissions without giving his token
Release 0.8 @ June 14, 2019
- NEW – Synchronization status view;
- IMPROVEMENT – added functionality to edit lookup fields;
- IMPROVEMENT – added functionality to display milestones that origin from Project Online on timeline view;
- IMPROVEMENT – added Project Stage field to timeline view
Azure DevOps connector:
- NEW – fields mapping functionality when linking PPMX Project to Azure DevOps Epic
Release 0.7 @ May 29, 2019
- IMPROVEMENT – Token management (added functionality to manage tokens)
- NEW – added functionality to merge resources
- NEW – added permission for ‘Budget’ section
- NEW – added functionality to define statuses per portfolio
- NEW – added functionality to define statuses per project
- NEW – added functionality to link Office365 group to portfolio
Azure DevOps connector:
- IMPROVEMENT – work items of the Hidden state are not included in the calculation.
- IMPROVEMENT – work items with any state of Removed category are not included in the calculation
- IMPROVEMENT – all work items from child iterations are included in the calculation if parent iteration is selected
- IMPROVEMENT – ‘epic’ work item is not included in the calculation if PPMX project is linked to it
Release 0.6 @ April 18, 2019
- NEW – Key Dates section (Milestones and Release Dates sections are merged to this one
- NEW – Report Manager
- IMPROVEMENT – ability to sort data in Team and Schedule sections
- NEW – ability to link project to Epic
- IMPROVEMENT – the ability to filter data by sprint in Team and Schedule sections
Azure DevOps connector:
- NEW – ability to link project to Epic
- FIX – support synchronization of the projects with more than 20000 work item types
- IMPROVEMENT – default mapping of the Start/Finish dates in case when the project is linked to Epic
- IMPROVEMENT – the ability to filter data by iteration in Team and Schedule sections
Project Online connector:
- NEW – fields mapping
Release 0.4 @ January 31, 2019
- NEW - Integration with Azure DevOps and Project Online